Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale - Predictions

Okay, better get these in quick before I get too busy again.

Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub - If it stays up, Schaub takes it, but if Big (Fat) Country gets on top of Schaub on the ground, it could be all over. I doubt Schaub could buck Nelson the way he did Marcus Jones. I think Nelson will win by smothering, I hate to say.

Matt Hamill vs Jon Jones - I like Hamill but he's stubborn. He seems ot refuse to use his wrestling skills in favour of slugging. If it stays up, I see Jones taking it, but if Hamill is smart he'll use his wrestling and get the win. I'll go with Hamill, though I don't like his odds.

Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander - I don't know how much weight cutting Kimbo had to do, this being a catchweight fight. Houston will be bigger than usual, being a light heavyweight by trade. Houston doesn't have the best technique and he is being given this fight for one reason: to stand and bang. Can he out-bang the internet sensation? I wouldn't be shocked. But I expect he'll leg kick Kimbo to death. I'll take Houston. If Kimbo loses, well, that may be the end of his mystique after a disappointing showing on TUF.

Frank Edgar vs Matt Veach - Can't say I remember Veach. Which means I don't like his odds against Edgar. I'll pick Edgar.

Marcus Jones vs Matt Mitrione - I like Marcus Jones and I hope he keeps fighting. I expect he'll get some motivation after kicking Mitrione's ass. I think this'll be a cakewalk for Jones once he gets Mitrione down.

Darrill Schoonover vs James McSweeney - McSweeney's a douche. This is a bully vs bullied fight. I think McSweeney is the better fighter... Guess I'll have to pick him. Darn it.

Jon Madsen vs Justin Wren - I'll take Wren.

Brian Stann vs Rodney Wallace - Who? Stann it is.

John Howard vs Dennis Hallman - Can Hallman's record possibly be correct? 64-12-2? Seriously? AND he has beaten Matt Hughes TWICE? Ok, sure - I'll take him.

Mark Bocek vs Joe Brammer - I've heard of Bocek, never heard of Brammer. Bocek it is.

No comments: